Saturday, June 19, 2010

First day in Wien!

Let me just start off by saying, SO HAPPY TO BE IN VIENNA!! I had an interesting start and had quite a welcome though :) The first mistake I made was getting out of a cab at the wrong address. Here I am in a summer dress with 2 almost overweight suitcases and it is pouring down rain in the middle of a thunderstorm, and I am lost! I finally made it to the right house though and got a chance to dry off and start my orientation. I got my international phone and had my head overfilled with information that I could barely retain due to my jet lag. I atleast got a good feeling for what will be going on though and it was alot of fun getting to know the program director, Frauke! She is a very pleasant and entertaing lady and am really exctited to being able to work with her :)
At about 6pm, I finally got to meet my host parents and go home with them! They are very considerate and humurous people and I am already having a blast! They showed me around their house and then eventually around outside and to the subway station. It was just really nice to be able to walk around town and get to know them better and see what its like to be in their shoes.

I absolutely love this city! It's been a privelage just to be in the atmosphere of this awesome culture. The language is beautiful and I'm trying my best to pick up on more and more things even though its hard. I had always thought that german was a rough-sounding language but the more and more I listen to it, the more it sounds natural and beautiful to me! I am so excited to be here and am looking forward to all the adventures I'll be having!!

I'll be posting one blog just about every day so stay tuned for more!!

Brooke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment