Sunday, July 11, 2010

Salzburg continued...

I accidentally posted the last one with out finishing so heres the rest ;)



The next morning I absolutely could not walk in my shoes so one of my professors took me on a bus into town to get some flip flops. I am eternally grateful to her because if it weren't for that heavenly pair of comfortable flip flops I probably would have died!!



Before lunch, we went to the house where Mozart lived! I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm visiting these composers' houses! I've been walking in the same halls and looking out the same windows as they did and it's mind-boggling! I loved being able to learn about his family and his relationship with them. I even got to see a handwritten letter from Mozart to his mother and from reading the translation, it sounds like they were very close and they all had a huge love for God which I found very cool :) My favorite part of this museum was seeing all the pianos he ha played on. They had 2 of his original pianos displayed. One was from when he was 8 years old (it was so cute with its tiny keys!) and one was from later in his life.


For lunch we had a very special guest! His name is Dankvart and he is one of three cello professors at the Mozarteum Universitat (one of the top music schools in Austria). He took us all to an authentic Italian restaraunt and I got the wonderful opportunity of sitting right across from him and hearing everything he had to say about his career in Austria and even heard about some great summer programs at the Mozarteum! This was such a blessing to hear another Austrian's point of view on music in Europe and, in addition, I made an AMAZING connection! I really hope to stay connected with professors I have met here and eventually come back to study more.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment